fredag 8 november 2013

Bonafide mister en medlem.


























Gitarristen Mikael Fässberg (till höger på bilden) har beslutat sig för att lämna bandet och la idag upp nedanstående meddelande på Facebook:

"Hello everybody. 
It is with great sadness that I have to tell you all that I´m leaving BONAFIDE. The main reason being that I just can´t see myself taking part in the band´s ever expanding touring schedule anymore. My family needs me, and it´s very hard to maintain personal relationships with the amount of traveling I have done the last six years as a member of BONAFIDE. 
This has been a fantastic and magical journey, and I will forever be proud of the fact that I was a vital part in, and the building of, one of the best rock bands I never got to see in concert! In another life maybe things would have been different, but I am (as my closest friends know), and have always been, quite a domestic figure. I love spending time at home, cooking dinner, take care of the family and live the quite life. I love the rock´n´roll lifestyle as well, of course. But it´s now time for me to make a choice. And I can not sacrifice my personal relationships on the altar of rock´n´roll. It just won´t happen. 
I will always play and record music. I will even allow myself to play shows, or even tour every now and then. But it won´t be part of a big three year plan. It will be solely out of creative lust. And BONAFIDE need to be where I can no longer follow. 
If any of you guitar players out there, feel that you´ve got what it takes to be a part of a truly remarkable ROCK band. You prefer tone over speed, can function in a group situation (it is kinda like the army...), look the part, and have a sense of what BONAFIDE is about, please send audio/video, CV & personal letter to: bonafide@bonafiderocks.com 
I will make my last appearance as a member of the band at Ice Rock Festival in Switzerland on January 4. To all my friends / fans all over the world: I thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me do all the things I set out to do when picking up the guitar at the age of 11. Not many people can say that. And I am truly grateful. 
Let´s keep in touch! 
To Pontus, Martin, Niklas: What can I say... we´re family forever. Go get ´em! 
Yours truly, Mikael 
Malmö, Sweden November 2013"

/Niclas

Inga kommentarer: